Monday, March 06, 2006

Jeff Straker Music NEWS: Central America Shows, CBC Recording,

Hi all - just a quick update to everyone on the mailing list, to keep you up
to speed on the latest exciting MUSIC news on this end. Thanks for all your
support to date.

SHOWS BOOKED WITH THE CANADIAN EMBASSY IN PANAMA - I'll be doing 2 shows in
Panama (Panama City and Boquete) with the Canadian Embassy. Shows will take
place in late March, and will feature local session players in the backing
band. I'll be hanging out in Panama for 2 weeks taking in the +30C , blue
sky climate - which will be a lovely change after touring Saskatchewan in
the winter.... This is officially, the furthest South that this tour will
take me.....

CBC RECORDING CONFIRMED: The popular CBC radio show 'Gallery' will feature
a live recording (with studio audience) that we'll do from their Regina
studios, this May. It will air in late summer (check back to my website for
exact airing date). We'll be performing songs from the new album, 'Songs
from Highway 15". I've hooked up with some excellent session players from
Saskatchewan for this show. Should be a fun night. If you're in
Saskatchewan, admission is FREE and it's RUSH seating with doors opening at
7pm for the 8pm taping.

WESTERN CANADA TOUR UPDATE – The first leg of the Western Canada tour is now
done. 19 of 20 shows were completed (one re-scheduled due to shitty
weather - ick) - and lots more bookings have been confirmed for April
through to the fall. We'll be performing in Sask, and also in AB and MB.
If you're in those provinces, stay up to date with the performance calendar
on my website at www.jeffstraker.com/schedule

CD AVAILABLE for purchase ON WEBSITE: Thanks to everyone who has gone to
shows and to my website and bought the new CD. I appreciate the time some of
you have taken to send me msg’s about it as well. For those of you who've
been thinking about getting it - come on (!) you know you wanna! You can
hear sound-bytes at www.jeffstraker.com/listen.php

All the best to you for a great spring. I'll be in Toronto from March 1-17
packing up my place, vacating it in April. Drop me a line if you are in the
T-dot. Say hi.
Stay cool. Cheers
Jeff

Posted by <http://www.dbsduplication.com/index.html>

No comments: